I aspire to turn my family’s home garden into an edible landscape where my family and communities can…
- participate in food production,
- develop local ecological knowledge,
- harvest food and medicine,
- and transform or preserve plants for eating or medicinal purposes
Gardening builds community but sometimes gardening requires community too. Time, space, and knowledge can also be barriers to gardening. Building a network of gardeners that garden collectively could provide the support and resources required to get over this hurdle.
Projects that the Gardening Collective could participate in in my garden include...
- Cob Oven Building
- Herb Spiral
- Lasagna Gardening
- Edible Forest Gardening
- Greenhouse (http://greenhouseofthefuture.com/)
I aspire to start projects that educate communities about resilience, adaptive management, local ecological knowledge, and social capital to inspire action and paradigm shifts.
Ideas so far include...
- Lexicon of Sustainability
- Project Localize